• Ayer Yard

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by TPR37777

For anyone not familiar with the Lowell Sun they have a small section in their paper that publishes reader comments. The following item appeared several days ago;

"DECEPTION?: To the person who asked what open space is for sale in Ayer: Of course there isn't any. That was a ploy in order for PACE to take over the CPC and have access to additional funds to continue their crusade against Guilford. Ayer selectmen should be embarrassed that they were duped."

I am assuming the reference to Guilford involves the rail yard. Does anyone know what this is all about or what the CPC is?

by jonnhrr

CPC is the Community Preservation Commission which appears to be part of the town government, and PACE is People of Ayer Concerned for the Environment. There appears to be some dispute between the two over preservation of open space and more recenlty appointment of persons to the CPC. I don't know what it has to do with Ayer Yard. I could not find anything RE the yard in a Google search.
  by GP40MC1118

This has nothing to do with the yard in Ayer, but with Guilford's attempt to develope land at the Willows (CPF-WL) into a second auto unloading facility. This is the old San-Vel site between the MBTA Fitchburg Route main and the GRS Freight Main.

D