• Attleboro line medical emergancy

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

What happened in Mansfield today? I overheard from conductors that someone may have tried to jump on train #809 as it was leaving Mansfield. The train was held there for almost an hour and a half, the MBTA send out an extra to pick all of the passengers for train 809 and 816 (809 becomes 816 at Providence for the return trip to boston)

The consist that was originally 809 turned to 816 at about 230 and I saw it in Attleboro at 305. It was heading for Boston.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

i found out what happened, apparently a Rhode Island man ignored the conductor and tried to jump on a moving train, but he got caught and was dragged 100 ft + underneath the handicapped platform. The fire Dept. responded shortly and they transported the man to the Rhode Island state hospital

by Robert Paniagua

What a loser that guy was, Matt. Why didn't he just wait for the train to stop, or if the train was leaving for the next stop, that he should have waited for the next train, even if it meant another hour and-a-half? That's safer than going through that trouble and perhaps getting killed.............

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

yea, he's lucky he didn't get killed in the accident

by Robert Paniagua

I know, Matt. Someon's gonna have to teach that 18-year old kind not to make stunts like that (unless he was inspired to do so).