• (Article) MBCR "packing 'em in like sardines"

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

one day last week, i saw 811 arrive in Attleboro, usually it is all single level cars, but for the control cab at the back, they had a double decker, 1700 series, 1701 i believe, as the last car in the consist

by Xplorer2000

First off, I'll bet the T is just soooo GLAD that they deactivated all those 1600 series control cabs way back when. Also,who ever they talked to in that article can't add.... they claimed losing two doubledeckers cost them only 245 seats...its more like 330 (2 x 165 seats)....not 185 like the article claims. Also, although its allegedly because they need the numbers, I think there's more to why the Kawasaki's got relocated: apparently someone makes sure that southside gets all the best toys. Consider Not only did they get all the double decks, they got most of the rebuilt Pullman fleet initially, as well as the GP-40-MC's...until they proved to be lemons.... then they, along with a good chunk of the original (LOUD) F-40s got exiled to Northside. Maybe its me...but I sense a pattern forming here, but Hey...what do I know , anyways??? :wink:

by caduceus

Why did they deactivate all those cars? Did they need more blind coahes, and you can't have more than one control coach in a trainline or something?

I believe a GP40 was getting lined up to take a whole bunch of coaches - I saw several 500s and several bi-levels, including at least one 1700 - down the Grand Junction as the Express went by.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

today, on the 12:00 inbound dept. from Attleboro, the car was BOILING, no AC at all. the only air we had was the wind form the open doors in the vestibles, even that was humid and hot. the control cab car had a nasty flat spot on it, had to listen to it the whole ride there. the T need money!!!!