• arrives at Trenton Station at 9:38 ... can I make a 9:46?

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by liquidskin

Im planning on making a trip to Philly this weekend.. coming all the way from Newark. Basically, ive never been at the trenton station and Im concerned about if Id be able to make that 9:46 train... How close is it from where the NEC drops you off from where you need to get the R7? What about getting tickets.. would this slow me down? Im just asking because I really need to have this planned perfectly.. although I know I should never bet too much on the trains actually arriving when they say they are. Any help is appreciated.. thanks alot.

by matt1168

I've done it before, and assuming you arrive relatively ontime, you should be fine.

Buy the SEPTA tickets at Newark (ask for tickets to Philly) or on the SEPTA train (they do not charge a surcharge, regardless of what the site says).

The SEPTA train can arrive either in front of, or in some cases across the station from the NJT train. Your best bet is to get off the train and follow all the other people, as many switch for SEPTA. If there is a SEPTA train waiting in front of the NJT train (it usually is) that is your train. Sometimes, you will have to run up into the station and over the tracks to another platform, but there are only 3, so it is never much trouble.

If worst comes to worst, you can always ride the River Line :D or wait for the next SEPTA train in the station building. Although SEPTA and NJT are known for not keeping connections, I have never had a problem.