• Anyone seen a Railroad police car on patrol lately?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by SPACEMONKEY

I know there is supposed to be about 5 guys left with take home cruisers. Thing is, I never see any railroad police on patrol at any of the locations in Mass or NewHampshire, has anyone seen them? It may be part of the reason they have an artice in the guilford xpress about vandalism.

by wolfmom69

No,come to think of it.I have NOT seen the Crown Vics or Explorers up here in Maine for a while!!

Of course,haven't ever seen a railroad cop on the SLR or Maine Eastern(or its predecessors) either!!!

Don't know about the MMA,as I rarely get that far "NAWTH" here in Maine!

Bud :wink:

by peterw

Maybe thats why they call them take home cars. They take them home and then stay there. :wink:

by MEC407

Been a long time since I've seen one at Rigby.
  by GP40MC 1116

SPACEMONKEY wrote:I know there is supposed to be about 5 guys left with take home cruisers. Thing is, I never see any railroad police on patrol at any of the locations in Mass or NewHampshire, has anyone seen them? It may be part of the reason they have an artice in the guilford xpress about vandalism.
As we were discussing in the other thread about the GRS PD radio conversations being non-existant. I don't know how of a good sign this is, but put it this way.. At MBTA's Lowell Station, the Lowell PD/Boston and Maine PD/and Security substation is now the Dunkin Donuts stock room, if you peer through the glass you can see it. Security is about the only people with somewhat "uniformity" i see arround their when i was in the area last.