• Anyone see a PV on 448 (22)?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Agent at Clicquot

T'was at Framingham around 2000. I watched, from a distance, 448 depart for Boston.

Bringing up the markers tonight was a 12 wheel heavyweight platform PV. I tried to follow the train, but traffic foiled my plans.

The car was dark, with light (white?) stripes along the window band. It had white track lights low, red markers at the end of the letterboards plus a center line red marker that flickered, mars light style. The intensity of the red lights looked light LED's.

Anyone know which PV it might be? I checked AAPRCO's website and Charter Referral Directory, but couldn't find a car that matched.

Anyone headed to South Station on the flip side, keep an eye out in the station, perhaps it'll be parked on Track 8.

Thanks,

* JB *

by dcm74

The car is on Track 7 at South Station as of 8:30 this morning (Thurs). It has the name Gritty Palace on the side and GNW&B above the windows.

by Robert Paniagua

Was that car there on Tuesday? I saw it too, if it was there then when I got off my MBCR Train 004 from Borckton to BOS at 7:06 on Tue AM.

by dcm74

It was there Tuesday AM. Presumably arrived Monday PM.

by Robert Paniagua

Ok, som that was it, then. Not bad that I get to see a nice PV like that.

Is it an office car? Or like a camper?

by Scotty Burkhardt

It was under Metra's care for many years. Nobody seems to know who's it is.

by dcm74

Don't know if it will be there Monday but the Cripple Creek belonging to Sheriff Railcar was on track 7 at South Station this morning (Sat).