• Any pics of the old Little Ferry turntable and yard?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by Steve F45

Does anyone have any pics of the turntable in Little Ferry and the old engine house down there? I remember as a kid playing along the river on the LF side by the boat docks and seeing on occaision a train get turned around. Would love to see some pics.

by Steve F45

someone has to have pictures.

by washingtonsecondary

The book "NYS&W In Color" has pictures of the turntable and roundhouse.

by Steve F45

does barnes and noble sell it? I have seen pics of them workign on the steam loco's wheels.

by RichM

Paul's book does have photos, as do the two older books by Krause and Crist (Susquehanna) and Karlewicz and Hartley (Susquehanna From Shortlines to Stackpacks). I think there already was some discussion about books on this page. You might also try joining the NYS&W Technical and Historical Society, or at least check their meeting schedules and attend, there are lots of archives. They used to meet in Wyckoff, check the website. I'm sure there are many photos of the steam engine repair.