• Any info about the SP Heritage SD70ACe?

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by NorfolkSouthernSean

Has anybody heard anything about the SP Heritage SD70ACe? What paint scheme will it be inspired by? Black Widow, Daylight, Bloody Nose? Hopefully not the popscicle scheme. lol.

by CN_Hogger

If they're smart Black Widow will be the inspiration. Orange and silver wings would be great. Although I'd love to see a flared radiatior Bloody Nose!

One thing though, do you think they'll do an SP DRGW or CNW heritage unit since there are still some units wearing the colors?

by NorfolkSouthernSean

They're already planned to make a total of 6 Heritage Units. C&NW, WP, MP, SP, D&RGW, & MKT. Funny how there is a D&RGW unit and no SSW. SP had them both up until the end. So far all there is are the WP, MP, & MKT units. They made a big deal over the MP & WP units and hardly a peep about the MKT unit.

by UPRR engineer

I've spotted a couple primered new units running back and forth threw GR, im guessing there waiting to get shopped "fur" painting. It will be a little bit.

by GN 599

I saw the UP 3985 today with the WP heritage unit. It is on a steam special. They threw in the 3984 though it kinda spoiled it though since it had a little graffiti and was kinda dirty. The rest of the train looked great. I wish my railroad had a steam program.

by John_Perkowski

As soon as someone in the Corporate Offices realizes there's money to be made licensing the Cotton Belt and the T&NO, they'll have placeholder units.

Gotta love my stock dividends.

John Perkowski

usual disclaimer applies

by CN_Hogger

John_Perkowski wrote:As soon as someone in the Corporate Offices realizes there's money to be made licensing the Cotton Belt and the T&NO, they'll have placeholder units.

Gotta love my stock dividends.

John Perkowski

usual disclaimer applies
Well, that's why there are a bunch of SSW lettered covered hoppers wiht the old Cotton Belt logo.....

by mnrailfan

How about some CGW, M&StL, T&P and Rock Island units?

by shortlinerailroader

Yes, Rock Island "THE ROCK" units in blue and white with that big"R".

by AmtrakFan

I would like the SP Unit in either the Bloody Nosed or the Black Window.
  by geep39

I'll betcha that it will be a "Daylight" colors variant. What a shame that this bunch of greedy jerks is wasting all this time and money just to protect some old corporate symbols that they honestly have no interest in, except to reap a questionable fortune on their licensing (are the proceeds worth all of the resources UP is wasting?). I remember the "old days" when Lionel went after the railroads (Santa Fe being one) to PAY THEM to put their road name on their product, and even Union Pacific itself, who painted an American Flyer passenger set, and sent it to them in the interest of having American Flyer produce one after AF rejected it at first!