• Amtrak culture fit assessment

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by jkell1234

Hey just curious.

Has anyone applied for a job with Amtrak recently? If so also does anyone know if they got rid of the culture fit assessment because I just applied for a job and it sent me an email thanking me for applying, but didn't direct me to the culture fit thing like usual. I haven't applied for a job there now for a long time since last year sometime. It just said we will contact you if they are interested in moving forward. I just remember having to always go there and transcribe my current test results to the new job i was applying for.

Thanks in advance
  by Acela150

They will send the CFA if they are interested in bringing you in for testing. Other then that it's get in line with the thousands of applicants.
  by jkell1234

I wonder why they changed it? Either way its like winning the powerball to even be called by them. Is what it is i guess.
  by jkell1234

Its funny, I am starting to learn that doing this kind of thing is like fishing. Get the right bait and the fish will bite. I just contoured my resume to a job posting that i qualify for and within 2 days after submission i got invited to take a test and possibly interview if I pass the test. Test isn't entirely difficult, but this could finally be my way in and eventually become a conductor.
  by jkell1234

Communications officer (dispatch)
  by PGP

How long does it take to hear back from HR after completing the CFA?

Thank you!
  by PGP

Finished the CFA about one month ago. Still have not heard if I have moved forward. The position is for ticket agent. Is there still a chance I will get an interview? Currently still under review.

Thank you !
  by Acela150

PGP wrote:Finished the CFA about one month ago. Still have not heard if I have moved forward. The position is for ticket agent. Is there still a chance I will get an interview? Currently still under review.

Thank you !
Some jobs they contact right away, and some they will wait a while. I took the CFA back in January and was able to talk to the recruiter who sent me the CFA. She said that they wouldn't hold the testing until next month at the earliest. I will be confirming that with her hopefully tomorrow.
  by Prayingitsright4me

Hi everyone! :-D Does anyone know if HR tells you if you passed or failed the CFA?? Completed my exam at the beginning of July 2017 for R & I clerk Philly. New hire class begins in October 2017. Job management still showing under review status.
  by Acela150

When I've previously taken the Test for A/C in DC a couple years ago the recruiter defined the results as "Strong Fit, Medium Fit, Poor Fit" or something along the likes there of. There is no way to know what your results are.
  by Prayingitsright4me

Hi Acela 150! :-D

Thank you so much for replying and sharing your info. Randomly talking to a gentlemen over the weekend at work and found out he's an Engineer for New Jersey Transit. He started out as a conductor. He recommended that I pick up an IQ test book to study just in case I am selected for further testing. Any thoughts or on his recommendation? I didn't see anything that would help at the county library so I went to Barnes & Noble and found had a book shipped there so I can take a look at it before I purchase it.
  by Acela150

I think that was sarcasm on his part.

I have no idea what the testing process is for R&I but I would guess math is involved. In which case, be ready for any type of math possible.