• Amtrak 40th Anniversary train in HO.

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by ApproachMedium

TONIGHT the 145 and 156 Amtrak Heritage units will be making their offical debut on the NYSME UH&O HO layout!! They will stay in service for the remainder of our open house which is this weekend and next weekend. They will be hauling the 40th Anniversary special train which includes the 3 baggage cars, Pacific Bend, SuperDome and 40th Anniversary Store cafe car! Come down and celebrate Amtrak's 40th with us in HO and dont forget to check out our display case with 40 years worth of Amtrak memorbelia. If anyone is in the NY/NJ area you are welcome to come down and check it out! www.modelengineers.org for directions times and info!

On another note, has anyone begun or has done any work on creating these models in HO? Has anyone bought the stuff from Amtrak's exclusive shop online? The two diesels you see here were done by my friend Michael in Germany who also is on this forum.

Link to preview video of the two units operating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6Bqriqb ... ideo_title
  by smallfire85

Hi,

I bought the Phase I(#66) and Phase II(#156) locomotives; they're scheduled to ship late this month. I can't wait for the release!