• Amherst Show Fast Approaching- Jan 27-28

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by StevieC48

If my health is holding up and a friend is running his booth I will be ther. Cant do too much walking. But hope to go.
  by pw3901

I Will Be There as Well. I'll Be Wearing My Red V.F.P.T. Hat. & Red Jacket. And I Will Be Attending The Slide Show Later That Night. (After The Big Show) On Sat Nite. 1-27. Looking fwd To Meeting Up With Members & Mods From Railroad.net Otto/Mike & From The Group Members On Yahoogroups..... (P&W/Pan Am) Groups. This Will also Be The Last Train Show For BKVP. as Ken Buckman is Retiring After 16 Years In The Business. His Last Show Was The "P&W Coal Trains On The D&H" GREAT STUFF! This Will Be Your Last Chance To Pick Up Your Copy.... On DVD Or VHS. BKVP (Table) Should Be In The Better Living Center. See You There! <HB> :P
  by dcm74

pw3901 wrote:I Will Be There as Well. I'll Be Wearing My Red V.F.P.T. Hat. & Red Jacket. And I Will Be Attending The Slide Show Later That Night. (After The Big Show) On Sat Nite. 1-27. Looking fwd To Meeting Up With Members & Mods From Railroad.net Otto/Mike & From The Group Members On Yahoogroups..... (P&W/Pan Am) Groups. This Will also Be The Last Train Show For BKVP. as Ken Buckman is Retiring After 16 Years In The Business. His Last Show Was The "P&W Coal Trains On The D&H" GREAT STUFF! This Will Be Your Last Chance To Pick Up Your Copy.... On DVD Or VHS. BKVP (Table) Should Be In The Better Living Center. See You There! <HB> :P
Should be tables 13D&E in the Better Living Center. Vendor list is on the Amherst web site in case you're looking for anyone else.

by dcm74

Just one week to go! Anyone else have plans to attend?

by Otto Vondrak

Nah, I think it will only be us ten there. Which means it will be reallly easy to shop and walk around!

-otto-

by NHN503

I'll be down there Friday - Sun. Going down with my normal crew, and we'll be at the Marriott. Planning on getting some more good railfanning in, and hopefully it will be better weather for railfanning East Deerfield on Sunday.

by crij

A couple of us from the Connecticut Eastern Railroad Museum, in Willimantic, Ct will be there at our usual location, Young Building 93B.

Just pass between the 2 big M&P layouts (G & HO scale) and you will find us.

See you there,

Rich Cizik
MoW Foreman
Ct Eastern RR Museum
Willimantic, Ct 06226
http://www.cteastrrmuseum.org
  by p&w3901

The Dry Hill Model Railroad Club of Montague, MA, will be there, but we will not be in the Amherst Belt Lines this year. We have struck out on our own, and will have a 15x66 layout in the Stroh building. The large yard is still complete, but stop by and see everything else we've started building!!
  by NHN503

p&w3901 wrote:The Dry Hill Model Railroad Club of Montague, MA, will be there, but we will not be in the Amherst Belt Lines this year. We have struck out on our own, and will have a 15x66 layout in the Stroh building. The large yard is still complete, but stop by and see everything else we've started building!!
Sweet! I have always wanted to see more of that layout! Do you know how the blue flags were built in the Amtrak yard? I loved seeing them last year.

For those who have not seen them, here is a video I took last year.
http://www.amoskeagnorthern.com/index.p ... &Itemid=34

by SLR 393

Ian is that the nice east deerfield layout?

also we are up to 19 people for saturday's dinner!

by p&w3901

No, the East Deerfield yard isn't part of the Dry Hill. The Dry Hill yard is the long yard that took up one side of the Belt Lines, where the hump yard used to be. Yes, it's the one with the blue lights. One of our members made those.

by stevo

i'll be there saturday. dark green fleece jacket, possibly unzipped.

by SLR 393

lumpum wrote:Look for me too!!! I will be wearing the jacket with all 200 patches of railroad names on it with my engineers hat with patches too. plus I will be foaming at the mouth and my pants will be too short with red socks! I am the guy who knows everything about railroading! Plus I will have my scanner on maximum volume so everone can hear me coming when the CSX dispatcher calls a train on the B&A ! And I smell alittle funny due to my lack of bathing and Im close to 450 lbs from all the fast food that I eat while sitting on my large buttocks! I WILL BE THERE! Oh wait that is the description of just about every railfan sans the wannabe 1980s guys with the mullets and the goth type who bring some more embarassement to the hobby! I will see you! I am the guy that will be taking picture of you people! it's too funny not to! I AM A CLOSET FAN!
How do we tell you apart from your 250 twin brothers who also attend the show? :-D

by bshrdr

I'll be there on Saturday afternoon roaming about. I'll have my camera slung around my neck, and will most likely be wearing a black photog's vest with all kinds of lenses weighing it down...don't forget to smile! :wink:

by SP 4449

I'll be there. Look for the guy with the Daylight hat.