• Amature Radio Frequencies For Railfans in New Jersey?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by hazmatmess

For all the hams out there who enjoy railfanning (notice there is a whoile bunch), is there a simplex frequency that anyone moniotors while railfanning in New Jersey? I found these frequencies on a website and was wondering if anyone uses them: 146.490, 146.520, 146.565, 446.000, 446.050. Anymore or any special ones for any special areas?? Thanks, Tim

by pgengler

I don't usually monitor any of them, but that's mostly because I didn't program them into my radio because I wasn't aware of anyone using them. Even if it there isn't a "standard" frequency now, we should definitely try to pick one.

by hazmatmess

pgengler wrote:I don't usually monitor any of them, but that's mostly because I didn't program them into my radio because I wasn't aware of anyone using them. Even if it there isn't a "standard" frequency now, we should definitely try to pick one.

Phil I agree. I put the above frequencies into my radio and plan to monitor them, but maybe a single frequency would be nice to use. Especially if for example I'm at Bound Brook and nobody is there, but everyone is at the waterworks, I can call on that frequency, know what I mean... Anyone else with an idea or comments, please feel free.
Tim