Railroad Forums 

• Agricultural Branch Spur to Boylston, Mass.?

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
 #712614  by trainsinmaine

While doing some research on another topic today I came across an online copy of an old Massachusetts state document detailing the history of Boylston. It speaks twice of a spur of the NH's Agricultural Branch that was built from Clinton to Boylston (perhaps what is currently West Boylston) in 1856 and abandoned in 1886. I've looked for traces of it on topo maps dating back to 1892, but I can't find any signs of where the ROW was. Much of Boylston and West Boylston were inundated by the creation of the Wachusett Reservoir in 1903, but I should think there must be something extant somewhere above water. Does anyone know anything about this? Talk about obscure!