• Aerial railfanning 9/24-It was quiet..until...

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by SST

Today my friend and I went flying down to Great Valley to get an expensive breakfast at Eddy's on Rt219. Ebenizer Railcar looks to be very busy. Plenty of boxcars and a few tankers lined up along Rt 400. After that didn't see much.

After departing Great Valley we headed to Jamestown via the WNY&P. On departure we caught traffic on the BR&P about 1 mile south of the Great Valley airport loading stone at the quarry. No traffic on the WNY&P.

We flew over Jamestown and then over the lake to Mayville and then headed north to Dunkirk. Saw some CSX traffic headed south. Over Dunkirk we headed north along the lakeshore and we caught up with an unusual looking train.

While cruising along we caught up with a brand new set of locomotives out of Erie. These babies shined and sparkled in the sun. Get this, there were 11 new units. 5 UP's and 6 BNSF. And this time, I had a camera and I got all 11 units in the shot! They were more colorful than the foliage they were operating through. Just amazing. I also got some pics of this train converging with a CSX westbound.

I also got two pics of the BR&P line. Not the best but it's better than nothing.

Anybody want a pic?

by t-croz

Yes, please....show us the pic!

by nessman

Dan - you got your wings back yet?

by SST

Not yet...working on it. Probably be back in the left seat late October or November. Looking forward to it.