• Action in Garden City Yard today

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Legio X

Today, crossing over the G.C. Secondary on Washington Ave., I saw a headlight down the line to the east, just past Clinton Rd. I headed down that way and saw MP-15ac 157, still in blue and white, with a cut of LIRR and Norfolk Southern gondolas. I continued along and to my great surprise, the 150, fresh from it's rebuild thanks to 162 and 169, was switching the spur next to the bus terminal where the museum equipment is stored. It looks like some new additions were made to the spur's collection. Anybody know anymore about this? I could'nt linger because I had my wife and seven-month old son with me......

by belpaire

The cars where rearranged to allow work to be done on them more easily. The addition is a BM62 baggage/mail car the the LIRR had been using as an office in LIC. See www.lirr35.org for more info.

Roger

by Lupo 10

Roger,

Congratulations to you and the Friends of 35 on behalf of Twin Forks!! Way to go guys! Good save.

by NIMBYkiller

SWEET! What I would've given to see that train cross Commercial Av!

by JoeLIRR

I so agree NIMBY. that woulds been worth the "illeagle reail fanning"

by Tommy Rails

belpaire wrote:The cars where rearranged to allow work to be done on them more easily. The addition is a BM62 baggage/mail car the the LIRR had been using as an office in LIC. See www.lirr35.org for more info.

Roger

Nice photo, by the way how can I go about posting flicks like this?

by belpaire

Thanks Tommy Rails. In order to post pictures you must have a way to host them on the web. I used our website for it but you might be able to host using your ISP. I know AOL has the ability and I would assume others offer a similar function. There are free photo hosting sites but I really do not know much about them except that not all of them allow outside links to pictures, which would not let you post on boards like this.

Roger
Tommy Rails wrote:
belpaire wrote:The cars where rearranged to allow work to be done on them more easily. The addition is a BM62 baggage/mail car the the LIRR had been using as an office in LIC. See www.lirr35.org for more info.

Roger

Nice photo, by the way how can I go about posting flicks like this?