• AAPRCO Special to VT Cancelled?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Dick H

As part of their annual convention being held at Steamtown in Scranton PA, the American Association of Passenger Rail Car Owners (AAPRCO) planned a trip through VT on the VRS and NECR on September 18th and 19th, as part of the overall trip from Chicago to Scranton. Reportedly, at least the Vermont portion of the trip has been cancelled. However, the AAPRCO website and at least one of the individual private car sites continue to show the VT trip and no mention of any cancellation.

Does anyone have any further information on the situation and why the trip may have been cancelled? Thanks.

Dick H.

by CSX Conductor

A schedule for the special was just forwarded to me, but I haven't been able to open the file yet, sorry. :(

by Dick H

The AAPRCO web site now shows a revised schedule for September 18th and 19th. On the 18th, run from Albany to Cantic QC on the route of the Adirondack, then turning South on the former Montrealer route to St. Albans, VT for an overnight stay.

On the 19th, they will travel south on the NECR to Palmer, MA, then west on CSX/Lake Shore Limited Route to Albany for an overnight stay.

These changes are subject to approval of several agencies and so not fixed in stone as of this date.

Dick H

by CSX Conductor

Thanks for the update Dick. :wink:

by BrianS

Saw them today in Brattleboro, they were on the main and I bought some light engines into track 3. They headed south to Palmer that night

Brian

by Dick H

I believe what was seen in Brattleboro was the Track Car group. The AAPRCO special is currently scheduled through Brattleboro at 12:10PM on Tuesday, September 19th, ahead of Amtrak #55.

Dick H