• AAPRCO "Pine Tree Limited"

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by MEC407

Thanks for the info, Sprinter
  by MetroBostonRailways

Three units are on the Pine Tree Limited. Leading is Amtrak #44, then Amtrak #97 is behind it. #44 & #97 are Elephant style, and Amtrak #151 is back to back with #97 and has its nose coupled to the first car.
  by MetroBostonRailways

what time will this train be through Ayer? I heard 10am but Im not sure
  by Sprinter611

10am through Ayer is on my copy of the schedule MetroBostonRailways, if I were you I'd get to Ayer for 9:30am
  by MetroBostonRailways

Sprinter611 wrote:10am through Ayer is on my copy of the schedule MetroBostonRailways, if I were you I'd get to Ayer for 9:30am
where did you get a schedule and im deciding to catch it in ayer or n. andover
  by NellsChoo

Interesting, I still have not seen anyone post this info, so I guess I will now. KEEP IN MIND I have NO idea how accurate this is:

Saturday, September 20

Depart Binghamton, NH 6:00a.m. via NYS&W to Syracuse
Depart Syracuse 10:00a.m.
Arr. Schenectady 12:30p.m. Upon arrival will pull past the Amtrak station to clear thw sitch, then operate in a revers move to CPC-24 and proceed east on the way and join the Pan Am mainline to Mechanicville.
Pass mechanicville 3:00p.m.
Arr. East Deerfield 6:00p.m. and tie up for the night in the East Deerfield yard.

Sunday, September 21

Dp East Deerfield 7:00a.m.
By Ayer 10:00a.m.
By Lowell Jct 1:00p.m.
Arrive Haverhill 1:15pm (this is optimistic; it takes the Downeaster longer than that)
Dp Haverhill 1:30p.m.
Ar Portland 3:30p.m.

Note; the cars will NOT be open to the public while in Portland. They will be stored in the old Yard 8 near the waterfront.

Thusday, September 25

Dp Portland 8:15p.m. following Amtrak No 682
By Lowell Jct 10:30a.m.
By Mystic Jct 11:25a.m. (will ask the boss for clarification, but they must be coming in the NH route as there are two domes in the consist)
Arr. Beacon Park 12:00p.m.

At Beacon Park the train will be split, with 11 cars going in to South Station, and two units and 16 cars going west over the B&A.

The Western Section schedule is;

Dp Beacon Park 1:00p.m.
By Worcester 2:00p.m.
Dp. Springfield 2:44p.m. after station stop to detrain some passengers
by Pittsfield 4:44p.m.
Arr. Albany 7:10p.m.
Dp. Albany 7:40p.m.
  by Sprinter611

NellsChoo your schedule seems pretty accurate, not sure about today being completely accurate but you have an idea of it, but tomorrow and Thursday's schedule is accurate. Also, MetroBostonRailways I got my schedule for sunday and Thursday from a personal friend who works for Amtrak.
  by GP40MC1118

Word is the train will be split on the Grand Jct Branch between Mass Ave and
Memorial Drive instead of Beacon Park Yard.

D
  by B&M 1227

Seeing as the train is traveling a full 12 hour schedule today, is there one Amtrak engine crew for the whole trip or are their rest times staggered? If the train gets delayed east of Mechanicville and the Amtrak pilots hit the hours of service limit will they be forced to tie down before reaching ED?
  by MEC407

Video by Broken Knuckle Video Productions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhtW_pzs0AU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by dcm74

NellsChoo wrote:Interesting, I still have not seen anyone post this info, so I guess I will now. KEEP IN MIND I have NO idea how accurate this is:

Saturday, September 20

Depart Binghamton, NH 6:00a.m. via NYS&W to Syracuse
Depart Syracuse 10:00a.m.
Arr. Schenectady 12:30p.m. Upon arrival will pull past the Amtrak station to clear thw sitch, then operate in a revers move to CPC-24 and proceed east on the way and join the Pan Am mainline to Mechanicville.
Pass mechanicville 3:00p.m.
Arr. East Deerfield 6:00p.m. and tie up for the night in the East Deerfield yard.

Sunday, September 21

Dp East Deerfield 7:00a.m.
By Ayer 10:00a.m.
By Lowell Jct 1:00p.m.
Arrive Haverhill 1:15pm (this is optimistic; it takes the Downeaster longer than that)
Dp Haverhill 1:30p.m.
Ar Portland 3:30p.m.

Note; the cars will NOT be open to the public while in Portland. They will be stored in the old Yard 8 near the waterfront.

Thusday, September 25

Dp Portland 8:15p.m. following Amtrak No 682
By Lowell Jct 10:30a.m.
By Mystic Jct 11:25a.m. (will ask the boss for clarification, but they must be coming in the NH route as there are two domes in the consist)
Arr. Beacon Park 12:00p.m.

At Beacon Park the train will be split, with 11 cars going in to South Station, and two units and 16 cars going west over the B&A.

The Western Section schedule is;

Dp Beacon Park 1:00p.m.
By Worcester 2:00p.m.
Dp. Springfield 2:44p.m. after station stop to detrain some passengers
by Pittsfield 4:44p.m.
Arr. Albany 7:10p.m.
Dp. Albany 7:40p.m.
Regarding the Western Section schedule for Thursday: Worcester is Milepost 44 while Springfield is Milepost 98. Unlikely they can cover the 54 miles in 44 minutes or less. Possible 3:44 departure?
  by Sprinter611

This is the schedule I have for the western section which I got from an Amtrak employee on Monday so it's accurate.

Depart Beacon Park Yard 1:00pm, obviously following P449-25

Pass Worcester, MA at 2:00pm

Arrive Springfield to discharge passengers 3:15pm

Depart Springfield at 3:30pm

Arrive Albany, NY 5:45pm for recrew

Depart Albany, NY 6:00pm ahead of P049-25

Arrive Depew, NY 11:00pm for recrew

Depart Depew NY 11:15pm

Arrive Chicago, IL around 9am