Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by JLJ061

This Saturday I'm planning to go to Chicago from Indiana see a show at the Chicago House of Blues, and am considering taking the Red Line from 95th to State and save to the cost of parking downtown.

My question is is there ample parking at that station, with the bus terminal there and all? And what about parking fees there?

Thanks in advance!
  by JamesT4

JLJ061 wrote:This Saturday I'm planning to go to Chicago from Indiana see a show at the Chicago House of Blues, and am considering taking the Red Line from 95th to State and save to the cost of parking downtown.

My question is is there ample parking at that station, with the bus terminal there and all? And what about parking fees there?

Thanks in advance!
There is no parking lot at 95th st. red line station, or at either of the red line stations on the south side of chicago.

The bus terminal, is there because some of CTA, & Pace buses from the south side of Chicago, and the South & Southwest Suburbs Begin/End there and take the red line towards downtown Chicago

The closest park & ride for the CTA is on 63rd & Ashland(Green Line).
It is about $2.00 for 24 hours.

If you go to 63rd and Ashland to park watch your surroundings, the neghibhood is quite rough.

by CarterB

Why not take the CSSSB from Indiana? You could easily walk from the Randolph St station to the House of Blues.

See stations in IN and schedules at:
http://www.nictd.com/

by JamesT4

The South Shore is the better choice since you are comming from Indaina.

You can get the south shore at Gary Metro, Since the station is off the Indiana Toll Road(I-90), You will have to pay to park at Gary, between $1 & $2 dollars.(No Overnight Parking Here)

You can go park at hammond take I-90 to exit 5 (calumet ave.) turn right on 141st st(Stop Sing) then left on camulet ave.(traffic Light) to the station. Here parking is free.

Or just go to any other South Shore Station and park there for free and ride to Randolph St Station.

This is much better than using the CTA from the South Side of Chicago.

On the www.NICTD.com web site it shows all of the stations, and maps of each station it serves.

by Tadman

There is, however, a parking lot at 95th red line: It's about six lanes wide and it surrounds the station - I think it's called the Dan Ryan?
  by bwcox

CarterB wrote:Why not take the CSSSB from Indiana? You could easily walk from the Randolph St station to the House of Blues.

See stations in IN and schedules at:
http://www.nictd.com/
The CSSSB is only designed to get you to and from Down Town during Rush hour.

Here are thimes that the CSSSB Leaves Chicago to get you back to Indiana on Weekdays; 5:58PM 7:15PM 8:45Pm 11:15APM 12:45AM the Next train is 6:10AM. You will have to leave during the first Set.

On weekends it is even worse; 6:00PM 8:00PM 11:15PM 12:45PM next train is 8:00 AM.

CSSSB does not work for entertainment.

I work on the NW side of Chicago and can not take the CSSSB because if I do not get back to DT by 6 I have to wait to 7:15 or 8:45. This is not good. If I have to work over just 15 min I have to wait till 7:15 if I have to work over an hour I wait till 1/4 till 9, I do not think so.