• 813 had only 4 coaches!

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

a 345 dept. from South Station, 813 today only had 1 single level, and three double decker coach's. This train is usually 2 single and at least 4 double deckers. It must have been a packed train!!

why would the MBTA put such a small train, it looked like a readvile shuttle train, on a rush hour, Providence bound train? The scheduled train must have run into problems before it left Boston

by Ron Newman

is 3:45 really "rush hour"? I don't think many people get off work that early.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

the 215 train is full, and that is 6 single levels, i have been on the 435 train, and it is packed after back bay, even w/ 6 coach's

by ST214

It's about time the Southside gets shafted. I'm sick of the Northside always getting crapped on, now it's your turn.....

by CSX Conductor

Ron Newman wrote:is 3:45 really "rush hour"? I don't think many people get off work that early.
Yes Ron, that train is usually pretty full.

I saw the set that F40 is referring to and was surprised to see it around all week.

by bierhere

My trains have been running short all week. Most Worcester trains usually have 4-5 doubles and 2-3 singles, but always 7 cars. This week most morning trains have been runnng 6 cars. Or this morning 7 cars, but one without heat ( it was closed off ).

My guess is that the T/MBCR is having trouble keeping the heaters running in the cars this week and are dropping cars with broken heaters.

by CRail

bierhere wrote:My trains have been running short all week. Most Worcester trains usually have 4-5 doubles and 2-3 singles, but always 7 cars. This week most morning trains have been runnng 6 cars. Or this morning 7 cars, but one without heat ( it was closed off ).
Worcester has some 6 car trains

Was it a misserschmitt? they lose heat a lot.

by bierhere

It was, car 512. I had the same trainset on the way home tonight and it was closed off, dark and frozen. I felt really bad for the guy who went into the freezer to use the bathroom.

by CSX Conductor

Still warmer than riding outside. LOL :P

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

haha yea thats true