• 69th Street, North Berger grade separation

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by northjerseybuff

I traveled over 69th street in North Bergen today and was suprised to see minimal work done since the groundbreaking last year. Is the project lacking funds?
October 17, 2008
NJT-08-081

NEWARK, NJ — State Senator and North Bergen Mayor Nicholas J. Sacco joined NJ TRANSIT Executive Director Richard Sarles in North Bergen today to break ground on a new bridge that will separate 69th Street from an existing freight railroad corridor, enhancing safety and improving traffic flow at the busy intersection.
http://www.njtransit.com/tm/tm_servlet. ... SE_ID=2453
  by Steve F45

i've wondered what the hell is going on myself. They had started work real quick after that announcement, but since about the end of summer there has been nothing going on.
  by northjerseybuff

Something shady going on there..but then again it is hudson county....
  by Steve F45

Construction has finally commenced. The road at the intersection of 69th and westside avenue has been widened on both sides. Its not paved yet but its been leveled and filled with gravel. Also more digging going on at both corners on the east side of westside ave. If 69th street continued west, there is some work beeing done which looks like to be for flood control as there is a small inlet from the river that comes relatively close to westside avenue.

If I remember, Utilities had already been worked on. So i'de say in a few months you'll probably see some concrete poured on the westside. I didn't see what was going on over on the east side of the crossings.
  by northjerseybuff

I drove past this project last week. Not much changed from what I can see in over a year
  by Steve F45

uhhh, they are starting the digging for the large concrete base on either side of what was 69th street. They've completely rerouted westside ave going south over the properties so they can finally finish utility movement. The n/b side hasn't been moved yet. Alot has happened, most on the westside avenue side. The side by tonnelle ave will probably be more towards the end.
  by northjerseybuff

Went by today, looks like a new crossing is now in place. Still no bridge. Long time for this project to be completed! No end in site