Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by Amtrak31

metra 613 wrote:Hey AMTK 84, Maybe some people will like to see good power run.Just becasue u and some other guys love the MP36s so much.Dont be Jerks to guys that like the f40c.
He wasn't being a jerk. I agree with John that the post was uncalled for. You should check your facts before you call someone a jerk on a public forum.

by U-Haul

So what is the extra BNSF power? SD40-2s, Geeps, or something else?

Star Trek 40th Anniversary

by MikeF

U-Haul wrote:So what is the extra BNSF power? SD40-2s, Geeps, or something else?
Metra F40PHM-2's and MP36PH-3S's. When (whoever said it first) referred to "extra BNSF power" they meant extra BNSF-assigned Metra power. Freight engines don't have head-end power generators for passenger equipment.

by F40CFan

They moved 611 and 614 over to the track next to the mains. It looked like they might of had cables connected to a line of out-of-service coaches. We went by kind of fast for me to see clearly.

by metra 613

There Move them to that track becasue there need the room for the hc trainsets that are coming over.That what my source told me who i will not say who that is.

by F40CFan

That would make sense, thanks for the info.

by CNW4404

Still, watch out for forum moderator Nick Hart.

by MikeF

CNW4404 wrote:Still, watch out for forum moderator Nick Hart.
Huh?

by AMTK84

CNW4404,

I think that your comment was totally uncalled for and was a malicious attack on Nick. Given that Nick is not a forum moderator, I think that you likely ment something else but didn't want to say it on the forum. Never the less, I am very troubled by the level of immaturity you have shown on a public forum. I call on the moderators to remove CNW4404's post because it is a direct violation of the guidelines MetraRI put in place.

by Scotty Burkhardt

Lets stop acting like politicians and/or children, end the name-calling and let this whole thing go. Please mind your manners and don't settle personal conflicts in a public setting as it is rude to those who may stumble into the situation unwillingly.

I respect and would like to hear every opinion that anyone may have. Please keep it relivent to Metra, There are sites out there where bashing eachother is a welcome item, I have yet to find that ideal welcome here.

This is a unique place where we can share/compare things we may have missed while we were doing other things. I.E. If it weren't for this site, I think it would be hard for us to track locomotive assignment changes.

Please do not deter others by making them feel unwelcome or uncomfortable by means of insult. I find that to be very rude.

by MikeF

I'll second Scotty's post and request that this discussion end now. I've got the lock in my hand! :P

by Amtrak31

CNW4404 wrote:Still, watch out for forum moderator Nick Hart.
CNW4404,

Take your childish antics elsewhere. You're seventeen, and it's time to start acting like it.