• 3 Acela Train Sets at once?

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Rbts Stn

Took a later train than usual into S. Station this past Friday (11/1), noticed there were 3 Acela Trainsets parked inside. This was just before 9AM. I didn't go in to see if there were any delays that might have caused them to "back up" like that, but it seemed unlikely to be the case?

Or is that the case?

I do regularly see two of them a bit earlier in the morning on most days.
  by jwhite07

Per a friend who was waiting for a 1+ hour late 2159, Amtrak indeed had a service disruption Friday morning due to high winds and a tree down in Attleboro. Commuter service was also affected.
  by Diverging Route

Rbts Stn wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:43 pm Took a later train than usual into S. Station this past Friday (11/1), noticed there were 3 Acela Trainsets parked inside. This was just before 9AM. I didn't go in to see if there were any delays that might have caused them to "back up" like that, but it seemed unlikely to be the case?

Or is that the case?

I do regularly see two of them a bit earlier in the morning on most days.
Due to the windstorm and a tree/wires down just south of New Haven on Friday morning, the first four Acela trips to NYC were cancelled.
  by Rbts Stn

Thanks for the info (and for moving this to the right forum).