• 2008 Santa Train

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

by engtech

Just curious if CN is running the Santa Train this year. I can't find anything about it anywhere. Has anyone heard anything?
  by GLC 392

it this the christmas train to michigan? if not does anyone know when it will be coming to michigan.
  by engtech

Great! Thanks! I'll have to see if I can find a schedule for it somewhere.
  by PRRGuy

CN 2008 Santa Train Schedule

Saturday December 13th

Gibson City 800 am - 1015 am
Melvin 1045 am - 1145 am
Roberts 1215 pm - 115 pm
Thawville 145 pm - 300 pm
Onarga 345 pm - 530 pm
Gilman 600 pm - 800 pm

Sunday December 14th

Danforth 800 am - 900 am
Ashkum 930 am - 1100 am
Clifton 1130 am - 100 pm
Chebanse 130 pm - 300 pm
Kankakee 400 pm - 600 pm

While we strive to adhere to these times, the operations of the railroad prevail and we may be delayed at any
or all of the stations. We will not depart any station before all children waiting get to see Santa Claus.
  by Santa Fe buff

Okay, 4:00 - 6:00, got it. I live near Kankakee, boy, the Santa Train is good for all ages. Especially the ex-Illinois Central E series. :-D
  by pennsy

Hi Ryan,

Not really. Many of us have similar trains locally. In Southern California we have the Metrolink Santa Train. It has schedules for each route, and again, they request visitors arrive with some gift for some worthy young person in need. Good show, singing and dancing, and of course that fellow with the beard and red costume. And a good time will be had by all.
  by pennsy

Metrolink uses their F-59's, either PH or PHI. Orange Empire RR Museum, OERM, uses a 2-6-2 Prairie steamer, #2. Take your pick. The E-8's would be nice, but that Steamer would take all the kids away. The sounds alone would turn their heads.
  by Santa Fe buff

Don't forget the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train, I won't see it, but I think it's powered by General Electric Dash-9s.