• 2 lines at Bath?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by carajul

The NS line that goes thru Bath, PA. On rrpicturearchives.net maps, it shows another line right next to it. It's listed as abandoned. It looks like it was literally right next to the current NS line. Can anyone give me a brief history?

Looking in the Bath area I can't believe the amount of defunct trackage. Wow every darn little town was linked at one time. Now almost everything gone. The amount of rail traffic must have really been something one time ago.
  by obsessed railfan

Actually 3 lines at Bath, 4 if you include the street railway. The Lehigh & New England, Northampton & Bath, and the Lackawanna all interchanged at Bath Junction. Today Bath Yard is just a field with nothing but weeds and trees nest to the single track NS, but you can see where all the tracks were. I am from this area and it is a real shame that all these railroads and tracks are gone now. The N&B bridge over the LNE still stands but the bridge going over 512 was knocked down by a truck years ago. The DL&W right of way parallels the L&NE from Bath to Nazareth.

bryan