• YouTube L&HR Video

• Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail
Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail

Moderator: David

by Paul Miller

Thanks Rich, never even thought of looking on You Tube for this kind of footage. Looks like the initial 20-30 seconds are of a southbound at Sparta Junction. I'm wondering if the bridge shot with telltale is a southbound near Lake Grinnel? anybody else recognize any other shots?
  by rfalcone

Paul,

The video has actually been there for a while. I never thought to post it here. I am sure the regulars will see the post after a few days. You never know what little nugget you will find on the interent.

Rich
  by Railjourner

Great video, one of my favorites called "From the Ashes" http://www.revelationvideo.com/. Not much more footage than what you see in the You Tube piece, just a couple more run bys but considering the lack of video on the L&HR I thought it well worth the price. I also liked the footage of the CNJ's High Bridge branch and D&H stuff.
  by L&HR C&S

First shot was of the westbound at the Sparta Jucntion diamond, the second was at Lake Grinnel and the final shots of the eastbound locomotives and the cabooses of a westbound where taken at the Rt 15 Woodruf's Gap crossing.
  by L&HR C&S

First shot was of the westbound at the Sparta Jucntion diamond, the second was at Lake Grinnel and the final shots of the eastbound locomotives and the cabooses of a westbound where taken at the Rt 15 Woodruf's Gap crossing.
Looking at it again, I missed the third train shown; that one is eastbound at the Brighton Road crossing in Huntsville, NJ (just west of Andover Jct.)