• Wolfeboro RR-Where is Cotton Valley depot?

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by Mattydred

I'm sure Ian can answer this.

I've been thinking about heading up the road to take some pics of the old Cotton Valley depot. But from the little I could find online, there seems to be some disagreement as to whether or not it is still in its original location.

I can remember it still standing and being painted white in the late 1990s, does this still hold true? Does anyone have a recent picture or a map?

Hope to hear some feedback.

by mmusehobo

Been by this spot many times. Nothing there except rails. Never did find out if was ever moved, though.
  by B&Mguy

To my knowledge, the only three stations that still stand on the Wolfboro Branch are Fernald, Wolfboro, and Wolfboro Lake. Although I haven't explored the entire length of the line too thoroughly, I don't know of any evidence that Cotton Valley is still standing. I'd love to be wrong however. I've always loved the stations on this line as well as the Conway Branch.

by NHN503

From the guys in my club, reportedly it was moved to Cotton Valley Rd in Wolfeboro or Brookfield. I do not remember seeing it there myself so I'll have to take a swing down the road to check it out. It is panted white from what I remember it being at the siding.