• Wisconsin Central F45

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

by atsf sp

What happened to the WC F45s at the merger? Were they scrapped and if they weren't where are they now?
  by byte

Pretty sure those got scrapped right after the WC was bought.
  by Montrealrail

I know it's not the same kind of locomotive,but I just want to know if still some locomotives with the WC paint scheme,last time I seen one,it's 2 years ago near my place..

I get a idea that there no more W-C locomotives,but we can get some surprises..
  by Leo_Ames

I believe only 4 Santa Fe F45's survive. These two, one that has been gutted to serve as lodging and painted in GN Big Sky Blue colors, and one that is in use as a engine test bed.
  by Tadman

2 MRL F45's are stored intact in Montana, and NYSW 3636 is permanently laid up in New York(?). Looks like the carbody F/FP45 fleet ending the renaissance it enjoyed in the 1990's.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 720&nseq=1
  by CN Sparky

Montrealrail wrote:I just want to know if still some locomotives with the WC paint scheme,
There's still a bunch of WC locos running around...

- some of the 1550-1570 numbered SW 1500's
- the six GP 38-2's numbered 2001-2006 (used to be assigned to Prince George and northern BC, running around with the BC Rail SD 40-2's, not sure where they are now..?),
- a bunch of 6000 and 6900 numbered SD 40-2's
- and some 3000 numbered GP 40's...

I suspect some of them are parked at the moment due to this "economic downturn" but they haven't been put on the surplus list that I'm aware of... at least, not yet...
  by bwallace

WC 7525 is currently at IRM in operating condition and looks great
  by GLC 392

All the 6900 are SD40-3's are all stored/retired off CN's roster, and the 6900 are owned by GCFX and leased to CN with WC reporting marks. the 6001 was scraped the 6002 and 3 are on the WLE the 6004 i beleive it is at a shortline but cant remember where and 6005 and 6006 were at homewood stored/retired last time i was there. Also the all the BCOL SD40-2's have been retired, and most are stored at homewood.