• Willow St (Reading, MA) Crossing Guard Upgrade?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by theman8318

Well the delineators are up and the trains are still beeping at 3 AM :)

They have been up for 2 weeks. Apparently the town has a shortcoming with talking to the MBTA...

I called the town to make it happen. That sand and gravel train always gets you at 3 AM .. NHN?

David
  by BigUglyCat

theman8318 wrote:Apparently the town has a shortcoming with talking to the MBTA...
Perhaps they feel they are not being heard, and decided to take what action they could.
  by Screamer 1000

They need to take it up with the FRA. They're the ones who made the MBTA sound the horns. I have driven over that crossing many times and only about five of those barriers are missing. It still would be very difficult for any idiot to go around the gates. I am not complaining about the horns I kinda like them but I feel for the residents of willow st.
  by 8th Notch

Effective 2:30 today willow st is now a quiet zone again so looks like wishes have been answered.
  by Screamer 1000

Did anyone hear that awesome RS3L last night at 3:40? How often do we get late night freights? They always sound the horn no matter what