• Will NJ Turnpike Opening New Lanes Affect NEC Ridership?

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by JCGUY

I noted that the worst bottlenecks occur on weekends, when the PA Terminal is most certainly not at capacity. In any event, I get the sense that much of the interstate bus traffic doesn't use the PA Terminal anyway. If your comments was meant to suggest frustration at the capacity limits of the PA Terminal (and the arteries connecting to it), I second that emotion. The terminal basically works based on commuting levels that last existed during the Carter Administration.
  by Steampowered

Don31 wrote:
JCGUY wrote:
And as a society, the last thing we would want is to facilitate people driving on summer weekends to see family and friends, take in the Shore or hiking trails, or otherwise leave their apartment block towers.

I have no idea why seeing hundreds of thousands of people moving about to take part in social activities --or Heaven forbid "inducing" such travel, is somehow a social bad.
Who said anything about denying people the right to visit Mom or going down the Shore? However, the evidence of the multiple ways in which our addiction to private cars is harming us is growing, and is difficult to dispute. If you don't realize that, there's nothing I can say that will convince you.
Probably because public transportation only serves a certain demographic, new jersey isnt midtown Manhattan, Obviously all your work locations are near very convenient public transportation
  by 25Hz

Steampowered wrote:
Don31 wrote:
JCGUY wrote:
And as a society, the last thing we would want is to facilitate people driving on summer weekends to see family and friends, take in the Shore or hiking trails, or otherwise leave their apartment block towers.

I have no idea why seeing hundreds of thousands of people moving about to take part in social activities --or Heaven forbid "inducing" such travel, is somehow a social bad.
Who said anything about denying people the right to visit Mom or going down the Shore? However, the evidence of the multiple ways in which our addiction to private cars is harming us is growing, and is difficult to dispute. If you don't realize that, there's nothing I can say that will convince you.
Probably because public transportation only serves a certain demographic, new jersey isnt midtown Manhattan, Obviously all your work locations are near very convenient public transportation
Did you really just say that?

Transit = transportation equality. It's a public benefit service. The more we have the more equalitu we have & better for everyone.
  by nyswfan

25Hz wrote:
Steampowered wrote:
Don31 wrote:
JCGUY wrote:

Transit = transportation equality. It's a public benefit service. The more we have the more equalitu we have & better for everyone.

Trasportation absolutely only serves a certian demographic. It is not a "for all service". Thats why very limited (if any) service runs into rural reaches.
  by nyswfan

ryanov wrote:
millerm277 wrote:It would be great. Just as having a lot more parking at SEC would be great. However, like the parking, SEC wasn't designed with any reasonable accommodations for buses.
Parking in any form at Secaucus Junction is asinine. Take the train from your home station.

The amount of people that drive and park at Secaucus is nil compared to the amount of riders that travel through the station each day.
  by Steampowered

25Hz wrote:
Steampowered wrote:
Don31 wrote:
JCGUY wrote:

Yes , i just said that. Unless public transportation is coming to my home, and drop me off a variation locations, only accessible by car. Then logic tells you, that they serve a specific demographic, for example , lets see . People traveling to Manhattan ?
  by ACeInTheHole

Steampowered wrote:
25Hz wrote:
Steampowered wrote:
Don31 wrote:
JCGUY wrote:

Yes , i just said that. Unless public transportation is coming to my home, and drop me off a variation locations, only accessible by car. Then logic tells you, that they serve a specific demographic, for example , lets see . People traveling to Manhattan ?
How fricking thick can you be? Why does it matter where Dons workplaces are and how it influences his view on transportation? You are making no sense. whatsoever.
  by Steampowered

ACeInTheHole wrote:
Steampowered wrote:
25Hz wrote:
Steampowered wrote:
Don31 wrote:
JCGUY wrote:

How fricking thick can you be? Why does it matter where Dons workplaces are and how it influences his view on transportation? You are making no sense. whatsoever.
Because common sense tells you , the reason people drive is because public transportation doesn't go everywhere. He made a comment on peoples addiction to their cars. Obvious he must live/work near a station or maybe in Manhattan.
  by John_Perkowski

Railroad.net administrator note:

STOP WITH THE AD HOMINEM ATTACKS.

Locked until Monday, November 17, 2014.