• Wilbur Frey Locomotive Exhibit. A MUST SEE!

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Steam

Counting tonight, you have just 5 days to visit this exhibit. See 25 of the best of Wilbur Frey's magnificent locomotives in one place!!! The largest is an 8 foot long Southern Pacific Cab-Forward... the smallest is a Cog Railway locomotive. See an SP "Daylight" on a 6 foot turntable which you can make rotate yourself. See Wilbur's workbench and some of his handcrafted unfinished parts and accessories on loan from his family. View an interview on video made at his shop in 1996 and learn how he made these incredible models!!!

We'll look forward to seeing you!
  by MLW Fan

Steam is right. This collection is one of the most astounding railroad events this writer has ever seen. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed. Well worth the trip to Beverly. Bring your camera.

Although there are other Frey examples out there, you will never see so many under one roof.

JB

by eriemike

After seeing the Danvers Depot on Sat., I found out that Steam is inviting everyone to the Walker Collection. I will be there to see the last weekend of this incredible exhibit. I can't get enough of it and am sad that it is ending.

by Steam

For those who missed this exhibit... take heart! We still have several examples of Wilbur's craftsmanship on display permanently at the Walker Transportation Collection. Come visit on a Wednesday evening and see them. While you're there, check out all of our resources for New England transportation research!! Join those in the know....