• Why was Train 61 late this moring? - 3/21

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Head-end View

Anyone know the reason train #61 was running 14 minutes late this morning before it got to Bellmore? (And a railfan unfriendly M-7 besides) By the time we got to Jamaica, I had missed the scheduled connection to Woodside, where I was going to ride the #7 Express. So while waiting a half-hour at Jamaica for the next Woodside train at 11:48, I saw a whole committee of MTA Police and LIRR manager types meeting another New York westbound arriving around 11:30. Heard them say something about a problem in the 2nd car, which was apparently unfounded. Anyone know what that was about?

Despite the fine spring-like weather, it was an all-around bad day for rail-fanning. Coming home from Penn, went to board train #114 (1:43 to Babylon); it was an M-7; so I waited 20 minutes for train #120 (2:01 to Babylon) and that was an M-7 too. Had to give up and ride like a regular seated passenger thru all those local stops ; what a friggin drag! Just not my day............
  by IslesFan

Head-end View wrote:Anyone know the reason train #61 was running 14 minutes late this morning before it got to Bellmore? (And a railfan unfriendly M-7 besides) By the time we got to Jamaica, I had missed the scheduled connection to Woodside, where I was going to ride the #7 Express. So while waiting a half-hour at Jamaica for the next Woodside train at 11:48, I saw a whole committee of MTA Police and LIRR manager types meeting another New York westbound arriving around 11:30. Heard them say something about a problem in the 2nd car, which was apparently unfounded. Anyone know what that was about?

Despite the fine spring-like weather, it was an all-around bad day for rail-fanning. Coming home from Penn, went to board train #114 (1:43 to Babylon); it was an M-7; so I waited 20 minutes for train #120 (2:01 to Babylon) and that was an M-7 too. Had to give up and ride like a regular seated passenger thru all those local stops ; what a friggin drag! Just not my day............
Hehe, I was on #61 this morning.... Train got delayed due to a diesel from patchogue coming late in to babylon. Apparantly #61 was behind the connecting express train, so it was late.

BTW, I also go to the bellmore train station.

EDIT: This is not the first time #61 was late. Last Wednesday, they let the express go at its regular time, and then had #61 wait for the diesel.