• Why are NJT TVMs so slow?

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by nick11a

Yeah, I always love being reminded of how great Windows looking at those desktops on the screen with the error message.

by kreggb

My major issue with the machines is that they are extremely fussy about taking credit cards. This morning, my credit card worked at the Linden platform. This afternoon, on the Newark Penn platform, I tried all 4 machines with my credit card...each time I got "Cannot complete transaction...please try again later" (as if we can just come back later!). However, my debit card worked fine. These machines definitely have communication issues.

Yes, and they're definitely too slow, even when they're working. If only the capital sunk into RiverLine could go into an upgrade.
  by ryanov

I saw regular old DOS only DOS. But, I think this mighta been on the old-style TVM's (like the bus one in Nwk Penn).

by JLo

I swear some NJT brass read this forum. See the attached story about upgrading the speed of TVMs.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/in ... 248290.xml

by F23A4

Well its about time!!! I bought a ticket for the Acela on Tuesday via Quik Trak which only took about 20 seconds tops!!! If NJT can close the deal in less than 1 minute, that would be great!!

by matt1168

And I thank you! ::bows::

Finally being replaced/refitted eh? This is a sign of good things to come!