• Who Casts GE Trucks?

• Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.
Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: MEC407, AMTK84

by Tom Tancula

Who is casting the GE truck frames these days? Are these cast in the US or another country?
  by Allen Hazen

This was discussed in an earlier thread: I don't remember a definite answer, but you could look for it in the archive.
Some "roller blades" trucks (the style introduced on the Dash-9) have foundry marks including the letters RSA: I wondered if this indicated that they were imported from the Republic of South Africa!
  by CN Sparky

All the ones I've looked at lately have the RSA marks.. so I'd assume that some division of GE, or a contractor, is making them in South Africa, yes.
  by GE506

CN Sparky wrote:All the ones I've looked at lately have the RSA marks.. so I'd assume that some division of GE, or a contractor, is making them in South Africa, yes.
They are indeed made in South Africa. I worked in the truck shop before (at GE's Erie plant), it has been a long time since they were cast here in Erie