• Which railroads work out of Binghamton?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Pj

Which railroads work out of Binghamton?

Never been there, curious..

by thannon

NYS&W- D&H (CP Rail)- NS.

Tom H>

by trainfreak

The NYSW has road trains going east from there usually 6 a week 3 in each direction those go south/east on the Southern Tier. They also have the Northern Division at Binghamton which has two lines the Utica and Syracuse line. Im not to sure about operations on those lines maybe someone else can fill in there.

by SRS125

St.L&HR, D&H both (CP Rail), D&H, and NS are all operators out of Binghamton. One question thow that comes to mind what about the LA&L? are't they runing on trackage rights on NS Down there now or it that farther to the west?? Anuther question did or dose Guilford still run to Binghamton as well?

by EHBLABEY

Livonia, Avon & Lakeville affiliate Western New York & Pennsylvania RR leases the former NS line from Hornell, NY to Corry, PA on a long term basis. NS retained trackage rights over this line and was given similar rights over a line owned by the WNYP connecting Corry with Meadville, PA. Neither the WNYP nor the LAL have trackage rights over NS east of Hornell. However, some NS unit coal trains that traverse the WNYP do terminate at a power generating plant in the Binghamton area.

by Otto Vondrak

Guilford owned the D&H until they cut it loose in 1988. Guilford has not operated into Binghamton since then. D&H has been owned by Canadian Pacific since 1991.

-otto-

by scottychaos

And Guilford also no longer runs into Binghamton..
back in the 80's, guilford did run into binghamton when they were controling the D&H, but CP owns the D&H now, so Guilford no longer runs anywhere near Binghamton..

only 3 railroads currently in Binghamton.
NS
NYS&W
CP

by SRS125

ok that seems to work out thought. I thought Guilford still entered into Binghamton must be a correction needs to be made in the SVP Railroad Atlas Book that I have.
Althow not to push any buttons but according to the CP Rail time Table it shows there half of the Southern Tier listed as being under the operation of the St. Lawrence & Hudson River Railroad.

by thannon

SRS125 wrote:ok that seems to work out thought. I thought Guilford still entered into Binghamton must be a correction needs to be made in the SVP Railroad Atlas Book that I have.
Althow not to push any buttons but according to the CP Rail time Table it shows there half of the Southern Tier listed as being under the operation of the St. Lawrence & Hudson River Railroad.
:P Just call it the D&H...

ST. L&HRR is a subsidiary/operating unit of CP Rail- or was; pretty much back to being CP Rail for a while now.

Tom H>

by oibu

There is no more St. Lawrence & Hudson subsidiary. It's all just Canadian Pacific Railway now.

by Trackmobile

Yes the St L&H is no more but the D&H is still alive and well. :-D :-D

by scottychaos

Trackmobile wrote:Yes the St L&H is no more but the D&H is still alive and well. :-D :-D
well, thats a matter of opinion! :wink:
many people (including me) believe the D&H ceased to exist over a decade ago.. :(

Scot