• When are the GEVO's and SD70M-2's....

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

by emd_SD_60

...going to make an appearance here on the Mainline Of Mid-America? Seems as though they're spending a lot of time in Canada, surely are they going to go system wide? :-)

by lock4244

Maybe after the CN 8025-8074 are delivered they'll roam more. I have yet to see one of the SD70M-2 here in Toronto, but they do show up from time to time. For a while CN tended to assign the newest power to the western lines except for the C40-8M's when they were new (but they too migrated out west after a while). Seems they had so much old junk in eastern Canada they had no choice but to assign the new SD70I and SD75I's to Toronto when they were new mid 1990's. Since then, motive power seems to roam system wide... except for the new 2220 and 8000 class units. I'd expect as their number increase, you'll see more of them all over the system.

by emd_SD_60

UPDATE: already two SD70M-2's (8002 and 8008) and a GEVO (2233) have already came down this way.

by lock4244

lock4244 wrote:Maybe after the CN 8024-8074 are delivered they'll roam more. I have yet to see one of the SD70M-2 here in Toronto, but they do show up from time to time. For a while CN tended to assign the newest power to the western lines except for the C40-8M's when they were new (but they too migrated out west after a while). Seems they had so much old junk in eastern Canada they had no choice but to assign the new SD70I and SD75I's to Toronto when they were new mid 1990's. Since then, motive power seems to roam system wide... except for the new 2220 and 8000 class units. I'd expect as their number increase, you'll see more of them all over the system.
The new SD70M-2's are supposed to be numbered 8800-8849.