• What is the no.1 cause of derailment?

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

by Gilbert B Norman

I defer to the Moderator of this Forum to move this inquiry to a more appropriate venue.

by Aa3rt

Thank you, Mr. Norman-I believe that this topic could be better served here in "Railroad Operations".

by Delta

Human error.

by percys_depot

so if i raked up a large pile of stones or sticks on the tracks. moments before a train was coming, would it derail?

by David Benton

probably not , but dont try it .

by SRS125

this guys nuts.
Last edited by SRS125 on Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by baldie

The number one cause of incidents involving trains and automobiles and pedestrians is the subconcious desire of some people to clean up the gene pool by removing themselves from it. :P :-D

by Aa3rt

Here in the Washington, DC area, heat kinking during the summer months is always a problem. In fact, CSX routinely issues slow orders when the temperature rises above 90 degrees F for any length of time.
  by SRS125

baldie wrote:The number one cause of incidents involving trains and automobiles and pedestrians is the subconcious desire of some people to clean up the gene pool by removing themselves from it. :P :-D
LOL
Last edited by SRS125 on Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by percys_depot

:( ok i tried it with the stones ...... the pile was too big , the train stopped before it got to the pile, the driver got out and kicked the stones aside.......he approached and asked me if i saw who had done it, of course i had no idea. he then proceeded to waffle some kind of lecture while i imagined other ways to realise my fantasy :wink:

by SRS125

why on earth would you want to derail a train? You could get into a lot of trouble if you got caught even kill people. You could be charged as a terrorist and be charged with Mansluter if anyone gets killed.
  by Robert Paniagua

MODERATOUR'S NOTICE

Mr. Percy, I will need to control your moves here from damaging our image further here, so therefore this topic will have to be dissaproved. Thank you all.