• West Falls Church train accident

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by usa4624

I think the safest thing to do with them is to quit running them in to each other. It worked for the first 34 years the Rohr cars operated... :wink:
  by Robert Paniagua

And he was working 10 1/2 hours straight, which is 5.5 hours below the Federal Limit of 16 hours. He was Probably exhausted too, but I'm glad WMATA Administration let him go, and he should also be responsible somewhat to pay the $36 million for the six cars wrecked
  by SchuminWeb

Well, depending on the damage to 1107 and 1170, you might be able to do a 3290-3291 with those two cars.

Now 3217, even if repairable, is probably SOL, since there are no other 3000-Series cars available to mate it to.
  by farecard

SchuminWeb wrote:

Now 3217, even if repairable, is probably SOL, since there are no other 3000-Series cars available to mate it to.
Today there isn't; but who knows what will get crunched next... Also, I wonder which Lemmon & Matthau pairings could be made functional with shop work.
  by tommyboy6181

If 3217 is even repairable, it could always be turned into a work car that could be operated as a single car. However the costs in doing it since the system runs married pairs may not be worth it.
  by SchuminWeb

tommyboy6181 wrote:If 3217 is even repairable, it could always be turned into a work car that could be operated as a single car. However the costs in doing it since the system runs married pairs may not be worth it.
Well, they could always just use it as a trailer. Cut out all the motors and such, and just run it like 1028. I believe that car never runs under its own power.