• Warrington now a lobbyist?

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by northjerseybuff

Anyone catch todays Bergen Record article on George Warrington? He will now be a lobbyist for Bergen County and getting paid 120,000 per year to get federal funds to this county. Anyone see this as troubling? wasn't it his plan to string along Northern Branch folks to get on board with THE tunnel project..and now he is going to lobby for people who didn't agree with him when he headed NJT?

by Steve F45

great,he gets $120,000 from the county i work for and we get jack crap. so much for the county saying "we have no more money in the budget"

by Passaic River Rat

There seems to be a trend with lobbyists and NJ Transit. Mr. Warsh was a lobbyist before he headed the agency. I could find no prior experience or qualifications in his record to oversee an operation with over $9.7 billion in assets and thousands of employees.

This is just more evidence that NJ Transit exists because residents need vehicles for transportation, and politicians need vehicles for graft.

by ryanov

The theory being, of course, that Bergen County will benefit in the form of federal funding that will exceed the $120,000 that they're paying out in salary. Certainly possible, but I definitely wouldn't guarantee that it happens.

by RichM

Except that I'm sure he needs an office, a computer, a blackberry, a cell phone, network access, furniture, special stationery, a car, a travel and entertainment budget, and of course, a patronage staff...

My count is up to about a million, anybody covering the over/under?

by DutchRailnut

Since Warrington's employ has nothing to do with NJT or railroading anymore, why discus it on this forum , there must be a obsessed by Warrington forum somewhere??

by TheBaran

Perhaps, and similar to the "Fallen Flags" forum, a "Fallen NJT Directors" forum needs to be created.

by RichM

Come on, Dutch, you know the answer, it's fun to pound politicians, especially this punching bag.

by northjerseybuff

Dutch- he actually will be dealing with NJT people in his new lobbying adventure. It said in the article he can't deal with NJT for 1 year upon his departure

by Tadman

If he's a lobbyist, he's likely a lawyer. As a lawyer, you're a hired gun, and you get paid to stump for your bosses. No honest feelings or convictions necessary.

I'm not defending or attacking my profession, just stating an accepted business practice.

by Passaic River Rat

Tadman wrote:If he's a lobbyist, he's likely a lawyer. ..
Actually, he has a degree in public administration. He is not a lawyer.

by Ken W2KB

Passaic River Rat wrote:
Tadman wrote:If he's a lobbyist, he's likely a lawyer. ..
Actually, he has a degree in public administration. He is not a lawyer.
None of my employer's 3 federal and 4 state lobbiests are lawyers.