• EMD SD70ACe series official thread (covers all variations)

• Discussion of Electro-Motive locomotive products and technology, past and present. Official web site can be found here: http://www.emdiesels.com/.
Discussion of Electro-Motive locomotive products and technology, past and present. Official web site can be found here: http://www.emdiesels.com/.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by trainiac

Yes!! I was thinking exactly the same thing.

by MR77100

Has any other railroad officially purchased the SD70ace? I know CSX has several running around in their paint, but do they own them? What about UP or BNSF?

by MEC407

UP is purchasing the SD70ACe, as is Montana Rail Link. I haven't heard anything about BNSF. Come to think of it, when was the last time BNSF bought anything from EMD? Seems like it's been nothing but GE for a while.

by Avro Arrow

MEC407 wrote:Come to think of it, when was the last time BNSF bought anything from EMD? Seems like it's been nothing but GE for a while.
Hopefully it will stay that way

by MEC407

Avro Arrow wrote:
MEC407 wrote:Come to think of it, when was the last time BNSF bought anything from EMD? Seems like it's been nothing but GE for a while.
Hopefully it will stay that way
Meh... some of us like variety. :P

by Milwaukee_F40C

Look's sharp, nice to see something different. This thing might even make it's way through Chicago on it's way to Mexico? Seems possible.

by MEC407

The sharp geometric shapes and lines of that paint scheme are well suited to the sharp shapes and lines of that locomotive.

by trainiac

The sharp geometric shapes and lines of that paint scheme are well suited to the sharp shapes and lines of that locomotive.
Indeed! When I first saw the EMD demo SD70ACe's 2 years ago (specifically, EMDX 70 with the light underframe--not to mention the cut-away side sill under the cab) I wondered whether any paint scheme would look pretty on these units. The FXE paint makes them look really good!

by jmp883

Would love to see them done in either the EL gray/yellow/maroon or the D&H lightning stripe scheme!

by Steve F45

jmp883 wrote:Would love to see them done in either the EL gray/yellow/maroon or the D&H lightning stripe scheme!

or susie q
  by rhemler

Can someone please tell me the fuel tank size for a SD70ACE I did some searchs without any luck Thanks in advance

by GOLDEN-ARM

The ones out here, have a 4900 gallon capacity, if that's what you are looking for............ :-D

my bad, typo....... :(
Last edited by GOLDEN-ARM on Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by trainiac

According to the EMD website, the SD70M-2 and SD70ACe fuel capacity is 4,900 gallons. The fuel tank is also about 25 feet long :-D

by rhemler

Thanks I did look on the EMD website and I didn't see it anyway thanks for the info