• Video: 6 Trains in 3 Hours at East Deerfield Yard

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by Vakharn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOH4J5l41LI

Editing this video down from the original hour and a half of footage I shot has been on my to do list for months now and I finally got around to it last night. If you don't have 30 minutes of time to watch the full video at least watch the first train, as the GP9s of AY1 put on quite a smoke show helping MOED limp into the yard with one unit offline.

Beyond that, this video is the most active 3 hours I've seen during my admitedly short time chasing trains on Pan Am. Three manifests, two sections of MOAY and an empty coal train with some foreign and rental power to boot.

Feedback is always appreciated.
  by doublestack

Great video, Vakharn, keep them coming and thanks for posting.

Peter
  by jaymac

Excellent work! Is there a Bulletin Order prohibiting 51 from the Tunnel?
  by MEC407

Great video!
  by ElburnAl

For those of you who are young or new to the area.

In those shots of the trains coming off the bridge, there is a grassy/wooded area off to the right. That area is more or less the site of the old B&M RR YMCA. If you go poking around one of the clearings just west of the bike trail parking lot you can find at least one existing fire hydrant from the YMCA days.

You can find a picture of it here: YMCA
  by roberttosh

Gerdau Steel has a big DC somewhere down in RI on the PW where a lot of that material is handled, so if it gets dropped off at Gardner, that's most likely where its going.
  by pawprivate

Information please.

What does MOAY stand for?

help would be appreciated.

pawprivate
  by MEC407

MO = Mohawk; AY = Ayer.
MOAY = a train running from Mohawk to Ayer.
AYMO = a train running from Ayer to Mohawk.
  by toolmaker

The GP9 mosquito fogger was working as designed. ;^) I watched it all and I must add that it is a great show!