• Vermont Rail System (VTR, GMRC, WACR, CLP, NYOG)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by newpylong

BandA wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:07 pm How do crews get qualified on trackage rights territories? Is this a friendly, business as usual agreement or grudging and adversarial?
They sit in the cab of the host railroad. No it's not adversarial, they're just doing their jobs.
  by Fritz

Hello,
Maybe Saturday trains are the new normal now. I hope so. Yesterday's southbound NPWJ departed Lyndonville at 1440 with the following:

GMTX GP38-2 2617
3 empty malt hoppers
5 loaded hi-cube boxcars

Have a great (rest of your) weekend,
Fritz
  by NHV 669

Missed them by a little bit; I had to head off VT 5 for NH 302 at Wells River to run a few errands just after 14:00. They didn't have any cars waiting for them in the WRJ south yard based on my pre 09:00 visit, on the way to see family.
  by copcars

An earlier post mentioned that vermont railway was going to Richmond.Is that Richmond ,Quebec or richford,VT and what days do they go and is it from Newport,VT to Richmond and back the same day. THANKS
  by NHV 669

That would be Richford, VT, as Richmond is on the NECR, and Richmond,QC is on the SLR.

I believe it's at least 3 days a week, they go Newport-Farnham-Newport.

NPWJ was 23 cars yesterday, looked like 10 cars of regular traffic, two empty side dumps, and 11 OMYA tanks/hoppers pulled out of storage in St. Johnsbury.
  by Drewby27

I was driving through Barton on Friday evening and noticed about 100-200 maybe even more empty tankers that went on for about 2 miles, any idea for what company? They were a mix of black and white tankers.
  by NHV 669

The white ones would be the cars OMYA leases to load clay slurry for the mills in Maine. With traffic down and the mill in Old Town, ME closing, they've got an excess of cars they don't need at the moment. VRS serves the plant, so they can just send the cars back over if they need them.

Assuming you saw one of these:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lastarial/34338298334
  by NHV 669

Major flooding in Ludlow has caused a large washout on the GMRC, going to be a while for everyone in that area to get back up and running.

13 cars north on WJNP today.