• Vaccine mandate for Amtrak employees

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Railjunkie

STrRedWolf wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:14 am
eolesen wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:23 am It'll be interesting to see how much data about Omicron mortality/hospitalization rates comes into play here.

By most accounts, hospitalization rates for Omicron appear very low, and fatalities are even rarer. Can OSHA present a "clear and present danger" argument if the data says pretty much the opposite?
Specific to this variant? No, the data isn't there. Including all variants (remember, Delta's still around) and considering current vaccination rates? Yes, the data is there to say there is.

Also, with the Supreme Court, there has to be over-welming evidence to overcome precedence. The court ruled in 1905 that the government CAN mandate vaccinations, and it had a later decision affirming that. So petitioners have an up-hill battle.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the current jab has little to no effect on the current mutation or any of the previous for that matter. It was designed for the original wild variety which no longer exists This last mutation was 35 or 36 different changes to the spike protein, so unless some pharma company comes up with a specific jab that protects folks from this mutation its kinda pointless in my opinion. We see how fast omicron is spreading it doesn't care if you were or were not jabbed you still get sick.

I would invite you to watch Dr. John Campbell on YouTube. He is not some whack a do, he is a British doctor who finds us colonist rather amusing. He called this a pandemic before the WHO was stating such. His last few videos on what is and has been going on SA may enlighten you. His videos are filled with information and graphs from many different medical websites from England the US and Europe.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programing
  by dgvrengineer

As an aside to Railjunkie's post above, Dr. Campbell just posted a new video on Omicron. Basically, for vaccinated people, it's like a common cold. In England if you have a cold you have a 50% chance that it is Omicron. Shorter duration of symptoms and transmissibility. The video is well worth a watch to get actual facts on this version of Covid and not all the hype that goes with the media reports. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBQWNbJG1q8
  by ChesterValley

I'd be wary to take advice from this guy, he's got his PhD in nursing education but he isn't a medical doctor nor a MD PhD let alone an infectious diseases doctor or public health professional. From what I've read up on him he can at least talk about the main public heath statements but his extrapolations are a bit reaching to be nice. I hope he's right.

Eolesen, regarding your statements on healthcare staffer firing my girlfriends family works at a couple of hospitals along the main line, we are out of capacity in SE PA. Most of the nurses have been dropping like flies from the terrible hospital payment policies incentivizing nurses to drop off from the over crowded hospitals and become traveling nurses. They've been operating on under staffing for years and the pandemic has just amplified all the terrible policy implemented from the healthcare industries. Frankly the hospitals should implement the mandates, they already do it for a battery of other infectious diseases this one really isn't that different when it comes to the having requirements.

Regarding the efficacy of vaccines they work, my gf was working as a student doctors on the front lines out at a main line hospital and the unvaccinated are pretty much overloading the system. They aren't getting intubated as much as the delta and original variants, but when you only have 150 some odd rooms and 150 people show up to the ER with covid like symptoms that pushes the ability of the system to be able to take care of anyone else (also doesn't help that PA is shutting down 2 hospitals on top of the hahnemann closure) . There are breakthrough cases no doubt, I do not mean to imply I'm a doctor or I know more than them, but the public health officials says that's what the data's been indicating. Again the key with this public response is to keep the healthcare system from collapsing as much as it is infection control.

I'll go back to posting about trains now