• Utica Branch Discussion Thread

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by milkman

A Norfolk Southern and a Adirondack Northern engine passed our house today around 2 pm heading south.
  by milkman

Thanks ut-1, where did they drop the hopper car off , Sangerfield ?
  by milkman

My wife said another train went by today at about 1:30pm heading north.She wasn't sure what it was hauling.
  by ricky

this morning i seen nysw crews working on main st crossing in norwich
  by ricky

i dont know if true or not i heard that the line was damage by recent flooding? if it is where?
  by ut-1

UT-1 heads down Utica's Schuyler Street the morning of Sept 25th
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by DH7409

ricky wrote:i dont know if true or not i heard that the line was damage by recent flooding? if it is where?
I heard at MP209, 218, and possibly around 219.
  by ricky

any word yet went repairs are going to be done these washouts in south oxford
  by milkman

Does anybody know what's going on at Kerry in Norwich? They are doing work on the backside of the plant along the railroad tracks.Looks like they may be putting in a siding for rail service.
  by ricky

milkman wrote:Does anybody know what's going on at Kerry in Norwich? They are doing work on the backside of the plant along the railroad tracks.Looks like they may be putting in a siding for rail service.
i wish i knew but if they are going to have rail service their someone better move that big dumpter from kerry out of the way?
  by milkman

ricky wrote:
milkman wrote:Does anybody know what's going on at Kerry in Norwich? They are doing work on the backside of the plant along the railroad tracks.Looks like they may be putting in a siding for rail service.
i wish i knew but if they are going to have rail service their someone better move that big dumpter from kerry out of the way?
They're not putting in a railroad siding, I went by there yesterday and saw them working on the roof.Wishful thinking on my part.
  by ricky

well he we go again look like we the tax payers will be paying for these washouts again i think the railroad company should pay for these washouts not us the taxpayers
  by johnpbarlow

NYSW doesn’t own the Utica line track and rarely runs trains on it. NYSW could easily prosper with this track out of service for the long run.