• Urban Ring

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by gt7348b

Hi - I just wanted to know if there was anything new on the Urban Ring projects. I know they started and are still running the CT routes, but anything else?

by jamesinclair

I havent heard anything. I think the MBTA needs to promote the CT routes more. For example, the fact that you can use a subway pass on them should be more clear. Perhaps even add the lines to subway maps (in grey)

by blink55184

jamesinclair wrote:I havent heard anything. I think the MBTA needs to promote the CT routes more. For example, the fact that you can use a subway pass on them should be more clear. Perhaps even add the lines to subway maps (in grey)
I didn't even know that and I live on a CT line!

Grey might resemble the silver line too much

by b&m 1566

I think this page will tell you everything that you needed to know for now http://www.mbta.com/projects_underway/urbanring.asp

NOTICE
Upcoming Urban Ring Citizens Advisory Committee Meeting
Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 4 to 6 PM, 10 Park Plaza – Conference Rooms 2-3

by trainhq

Urban ring is a great idea that won't happen any time soon; it's too far down the project list, and doesn't have a natural consistency. What would be good is if they could do maybe the east half; connect Wellington station to the airport and the existing silver line, via the existing/abandoned commuter rail line. That would work pretty well. The west side, through Cambridge has some serious problems. I don't think it would work very well; the buses would get stuck in traffic. But don't expect anything anywhere any time soon.