• UP regions .. districts

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by cdy320

What are the UP districts or regions ? i am wanting to apply for a job(train service) but i dont know what district i would be in . is there a map, website or something i can use for a refference??

by GOLDEN-ARM

For administrative purposes, its network is divided into 21 “service units”: Chicago, Council Bluffs, Commuter Operations, Denver, El Paso, Fort Worth, Houston, Kansas City, Livonia, Los Angeles, North Little Rock, North Platte, Portland, Roseville, San Antonio, Saint Louis, Tucson, Twin Cities, Utah, and Wichita.
Each “service unit” is further divided into many different subdivisions, which represent segments of track ranging from 300-mile mainlines to 10-mile branch-lines.
Hope this helps, a little bit.......... :wink:

by cdy320

thanks for the info GOLDEN - ARM :-)

by booma_135

where you wanna work and ill tell you what district its in.

by cdy320

TEXAS OR OKLAHOMA ?

by booma_135

well that narrows it down! lol

your best bet would be the dallas forth worth district. its got dallas, down to hearne, and up to ok city and el reno.

by GOLDEN-ARM

Some of us might say Houston is better, with lines being run, from NOLA, to Brownsville, Hearne, Shreveport, and all points in between........ :-D