• UP Offer?

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by TB Diamond

Just heard that the UP is offering locomotive engineers off other lines a $100,000 hiring bonus. Seems a tad far-fetched. Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor?

by qboy

don't believe the hype.

by GOLDEN-ARM

Same "stuff" was going around when I hired out with them, only then, it was $50,000.00 Everyone talked about those that were getting it, but nobody actually ever met, someone who did. Why pay $100K, when people would quit, and go there for free, if they hired engineers again? I bet UP Engineer has something to do, with this............... :P

by UPRR engineer

Nope not me. Someone might have miscued how much it costs to make a trainmen a hoghead. $130,000 was the figure i heard back then.

by GOLDEN-ARM

So much for that conspiracy theory........... BTW, love that new avatar, UPRR. Nice touch of class...... :-D

by TB Diamond

The rumor came out of Gillette, WY. What was it that was said:"If something sounds too good to be true, it usually isn't"? Or something like that.

by UPRR engineer

Gillette huh TB? I havent heard or saw anything like that. Doesnt surprize me, a rumor like that coming from the powder river.

by TB Diamond

You bet. Bid out of there two years before I retired. Seems things haven't changed a bit since 2000.