• UP Caboose Roster

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by caboose9

Hi,

Does anyone have, or can get, a current roster of UP cabooses?

I have a copy of the 2002 UP caboose roster but I suspect there are fewer waycars rostered today than there were then.

Thanks, Roger

by caboose9

Hi,

I'll take the lack of response as a "no".

Roger

by pennsy

Hi Caboose 9,

You probably would have better luck locating surviving cabeese wherever they are. I know of a few. There are at least two at the Orange Empire RR Museum, Perris, California, and one is owned by the city of Montclair, California and is on display at an intersection alongside the Ten Freeway, in Montclair. Would love to run a tracer on the cabooses, cabeese, that had the sign on their sides, " Safety Plus, that's Us". I liked that motto so much I took my UP caboose, in HO gauge, in Armour Yellow, and painted that motto on its sides.

by GOLDEN-ARM

We had two, on the Delta Southern Railroad, out of Tallulah, La. One had the slogan, "We're a great big rolling railroad" on the side, and I think the other was plain. They are silently rotting away, on sidings along the mainline, between Tallulah, and McGehee, Ark. They are the extended vision models, and are still in full UP colors, for what it's worth....... :wink:
  by UPLee

We have a UP Police caboose in the Bakersfield yard.

by pennsy

Okay UPlee, what is a Police Caboose ??? What was it used for and what does it look like ?
  by UPLee

In the Bakersfield yard we have a lot of trespassers, transients, & riders. We have one Rail Road agent who covers 300 miles of track (Fresno, Bakersfield, and Mojave) So the Police Caboose is used as a "Billboard" to anyone that "Bull" is on site. Its white with a Union Pacific Railroad Police painted on both side of the caboose. Inside is a desk w/computer, a small table with a radio, two lockers, and restroom. Its pretty much a mobile office.
Last edited by UPLee on Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.