Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by orangeline

This evening I drove to O'Hare to pick up my son. After parking in the garage I took the elevator down to the lower level and came out near the CTA station. There were very long lines at the ticket vending machines as only 2 of 6 were in operation. It appeared many of the people were either from out of the country or out of state. There was one (count 'em) CTA employee making an effort to answer questions and try to speed things up. There were several other employees off to the side doing their best to not have to lift a finger to help anyone. One rider walked over to ask a question and she was brushed off by an employee (looked to me like customer service -- HAH!). What gives? I thought CTA wanted more riders. This was not a good introduction to the city and the agency for all those people!
  by doepack

orangeline wrote: What gives? I thought CTA wanted more riders. This was not a good introduction to the city and the agency for all those people!
It certainly wasn't. Maybe the other employees were on break or off the clock, but it wouldn't hurt to lodge a formal complaint to CTA's customer service, if you haven't done so already. Machines break all the time, but you at least deserve to know why no other employees appeared to be interested in helping out as the line got longer...

Also, it might not be a bad idea to tell this story to Jon Hilkevitch, transportation writer for the Trib, especially if customer service gives you the run-around...