• Tropicanna in Jersey City

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by CR80MAC

I know there is the juice plant in Jersey City next to Conrails Northern Docks Branch. Just wondering what Control Point the Tropicanna spur is located and how one would get there from Oak Island. Isnt there a branch to Bayonne yard there too?

Thanks for any help :D
  by nolifeCRchaser

The Tropicanna plant is in the Greenville yard. The control point for the Greenville running tracks, National Docks, and the Bayonne Industrial(to Bayonne and Phillip St.) connection is at CP GREEN. From Oak Island(by rail) trains would head east over the Newark Bay bridge and the CP point is just east of the bridge.

by BigDell

Anyone know the "juice train" schedule? Does it run the LV line?
I've wanted to photograph this train for years and I've NEVER seen it when I had a camera... Just curious, thanks.
BigDell

by Lackawanna484

I don't have a current schedule, but it used to be a Saturday morning regular eb past New Market pond in Piscataway around 8 am.

Maybe things are different now, but the road units would break up the train on the tracks outside Tropicana. A local would gather the empties and bring them back to OI for shipment south.

by Ken W2KB

http://mapsonus.switchboard.com/bin/map ... tclickpost

The track shown in this map, north and parallel to Harbor Drive, is essentially the track to the facility. You can see it; the street that leads to the BMW inport warehouse facility ends at the track as I recall.

by markyk

CSX k-650 (tropicana loads, northbound) usually by Potter anywhere from between midnight and 5am

CSX K-651 (empties, southbound) usually by Potter after 8pm-up to about 11pm

they run almost everyday

Best time to catch the northbound in daylight is around the holidays (thanksgiving, Christmas)....when schedules go out the window

hope this helps
Mark