• Transit for Tennessee Valley

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

by steamal

I have an idea that has been rolling around in the recesses of my mind for some time. Now the time has come to make it public.

People living in the Tennessee Valley have to rely for the most part on roads for transportation. (And Nashville is not all there is to the Tennessee Valley.) It is my idea that this road network (a term I apply loosely) could be bolstered by a rail transit system. There is no doubt much existing trackage in the Tennessee Valley already, from Class Is to regionals to short lines. From an organizational standpoint, it would be necessary to gain the cooperation of the Department of Transportation, Amtrak, the Department of Energy, TVA, and, of course, the individual railroads. It might also prove necessary to string catenary above the tracks. (TVA could then run power through the wires to power the trains.) :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
  by steamal

I don't think this topic is going to contribute anything. How do I go about eliminating it? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(